Customer Service Updates from the Veterinary Health Center
- We are accepting routine appointments.
- We will continue to use drop-off protocol for appointments.
- Clients will not enter into the hospital for patient appointments.
- Clients are required to wear a mask while on university property, which includes the VHC parking lot. Our employees, staff and faculty are also required to wear a mask. Please review the face covering policy from K-State.
- Even if you have received the vaccine for COVID-19, we ask that you continue to wear a face covering. For questions, please review FAQ's on the CDC website.
What to do if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing symptoms of COVID-19 and your animal needs care:
- Consistent with CDC guidelines, please identify a COVID-negative person to bring your animal to the VHC.
- If this is not possible, please call ahead and share your status with us: 785-532-5690
NEW! Curbside check-in and discharge station for Small Animal patients
- Upon arrival, you may utilize the drive-up window or walk up the sidewalk to complete the paperwork including the consent form for examination and patient care. Please bring your animal at the designated appointment time and provide an appropriate cell phone number so you can be contacted during the day.
- We will examine your animal and provide requested services. When services are completed, we will contact you to return for your animal and the clinician will communicate discharge instructions with you at that time.
- At the time of pickup, a client services staff member will complete the payment process at the curbside check-in station or receive payment at your vehicle with our new mobile payment device.
- Once payment is complete, the providing hospital service will be notified that the patient may be discharged and taken to the client.
NEW! Curbside check-in and discharge for Large Animal patients
Please call 785-532-5700 when you arrive in client parking. Please remain in your vehicle when calling to check-in.
Our desk staff will confirm your appointment and verify your cell phone number. A staff member will great you at your vehicle and have you sign the consent form for examination and patient care.
You will be contacted by the receiving clinician or veterinary student regarding patient care plans. Ongoing communication will be by telephone.
When services are completed, we will contact you to return for your animal and the clinician will communicate discharge instructions with you at that time. Payment is required prior to patient discharge. Please call 785-532-5700 for payment instructions.
We will continue to screen clients for COVID-19 using the questions below to determine the receiving process:
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled in the previous 14 days to an international location?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled to a location designated by KDHE to require a quarantine?
- Have you been ill with fever, chills, cough, body aches in the past 14 days?
- Has anyone in your household been sick in the past 14 days?
As a reminder, when visiting the Veterinary Health Center at Kansas State University, we ask that you please follow the CDC guidelines for personal health and hygiene:
- We are implementing social distancing with avoidance of hand shaking or direct contact with others.
- We recommend that you clean your hands frequently.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, particularly after being in a public place or coughing or sneezing
- If soap and water are unavailable, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaced of your hands and rub until your hands are dry.
- Avoid ever touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time.
Updated: February 8, 2021