Customer Service Updates from the Veterinary Health Center
We are continuing to follow COVID-19 protocols:
- Effective Mon. Aug. 2, masks are required indoors on university property.
- If you prefer curbside assistance, please call ahead.
- COVID-19 screening protocol
What to do if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing symptoms of COVID-19 and your animal needs care:
- Consistent with CDC guidelines, please identify a COVID-negative person to bring your animal to the VHC.
- If this is not possible, please call ahead and share your status with us: 785-532-5690
COVID-19 Screening Protocol
We will continue to screen clients for COVID-19 using the questions below to determine the receiving process:
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled in the previous 14 days to an international location?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled to a location designated by KDHE to require a quarantine?
- Have you been ill with fever, chills, cough, body aches in the past 14 days?
- Has anyone in your household been sick in the past 14 days?
As a reminder, when visiting the Veterinary Health Center at Kansas State University, we ask that you please follow the CDC guidelines for personal health and hygiene:
- We are implementing social distancing with avoidance of hand shaking or direct contact with others.
- We recommend that you clean your hands frequently.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, particularly after being in a public place or coughing or sneezing
- If soap and water are unavailable, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaced of your hands and rub until your hands are dry.
- Avoid ever touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time.
Updated: July 26, 2021