Customer Service Updates from the Veterinary Health Center
We are continuing to follow COVID-19 protocols:
Face coverings and physical distancing are optional for all individuals inside the hospital.
- If you prefer curbside assistance, please call ahead.
- COVID-19 screening protocol
What to do if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing symptoms of COVID-19 and your animal needs care:
- Consistent with CDC guidelines, please identify a COVID-negative person to bring your animal to the VHC.
- If this is not possible, please call ahead and share your status with us: 785-532-5690
Curbside check-in and discharge station for Small Animal patients
- Upon arrival, you may utilize the drive-up window or walk up the sidewalk to complete the paperwork including the consent form for examination and patient care. Please bring your animal at the designated appointment time and provide an appropriate cell phone number so you can be contacted during the day.
- We will examine your animal and provide requested services. When services are completed, we will contact you to return for your animal and the clinician will communicate discharge instructions with you at that time.
- At the time of pickup, a client services staff member will complete the payment process at the curbside check-in station or receive payment at your vehicle with our new mobile payment device.
- Once payment is complete, the providing hospital service will be notified that the patient may be discharged and taken to the client.
We will continue to screen clients for COVID-19 using the questions below to determine the receiving process:
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled in the previous 14 days to an international location?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled to a location designated by KDHE to require a quarantine?
- Have you been ill with fever, chills, cough, body aches in the past 14 days?
- Has anyone in your household been sick in the past 14 days?
As a reminder, when visiting the Veterinary Health Center at Kansas State University, we ask that you please follow the CDC guidelines for personal health and hygiene:
- We are implementing social distancing with avoidance of hand shaking or direct contact with others.
- We recommend that you clean your hands frequently.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, particularly after being in a public place or coughing or sneezing
- If soap and water are unavailable, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaced of your hands and rub until your hands are dry.
- Avoid ever touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time.
Updated: June 7, 2021